|Client:||Boskalis / Hydronamic|
|Location and Year:||Amsterdam, 2008-2012|
|Features:||Connection Coentunnel – Raasdorp|
The “Westrandweg” highway A5 project concerns the construction of a highway connection (2×2 lanes) between the western side of the Amsterdam ring road A10 near the Coentunnel, and the junction of the highways A9/A5 (junction Raasdorp). Its alignment will cross, and will therefore open up, the Western harbor area of Amsterdam. This highway with a total length of circa 10 km will predominantly be constructed on a raised level, and will cross a number of roads and waterways. Roughly half the length of the highway alignment will be constructed on an embankment. The other half of the highway alignment will consist of various structures, from which Structure No. 520 (KW520) will be the longest traffic viaduct in the Netherlands (3.3 kilometers).
- Geotechnical design of highway embankment (settlement and stability);
- Geotechnical analysis and design of the connections between the sand-founded highway and the pile founded structures;
- Analysis of the effect of the embankment load on the present structures and dikes;
- Draw up of a plan for the monitoring during construction;
- Geotechnical construction supervision.